This was a design build project for the adaptive reuse of the last building remaining at the Westinghouse Electric Plant complex that opened in 1915. The building was acquired by a Chinese consortium that was awarded a contract to build new Orange and Red Line cars for the MBTA. The structure was gutted and renovated to provide corporate offices and storage space. The project was executed through a design-build procurement in which DHK was the architect for Consigli Construction. DHK worked with CRRC and Consigli Construction to develop the office, entry level and storage area layouts and provided a code analysis and coordination with the design team for a new, separate assembly building. The project scope included a new roof, windows, stabilization of the existing exterior brick and concrete masonry façade assembly, renovation to the existing terracotta parapets, upgrade to the exterior wall assembly to provide for energy code requirements, new toilets, new interior office layout and interior wall partitions.